Kotaro Isobe Japanese Painting Exhibition:
Biotop - ikimono no iru basho[place where living creatures dwell]
The theme of Isobe's works is "biotop," which is German for biotope, the space maintained by an original ecosystem.
During every season of the year countless small creatures share the space inhabited by humans. A biotope is an environment in which humans, plants, and animals co-exist in an ideal way. In Japan, there still remain ideal environments for nature's small creatures to inhabit, with its rich natural features of satoyama woodland that are home to insects which visit flowers in swarms, as well as creatures such as frogs and dragonflies that inhabit ponds, rice paddies, and other wet areas. The seasonal changes of flora and fauna are sensitively portrayed by incorporating the traditional techniques of Japanese painting into the motifs of the small living creatures and plants that come together in these biotopes.
Isobe is attracting attention as an up-and-coming young Japanese-style painter. We hope that you will come and see his fresh works for yourself.
|Supporter:||TOPPAN PRINTING CO., LTD.|
|Collaborator:||Aoyama Merchants Association|
|Period:||Monday, January 26 to Sunday, February 22, 2015,
(Open every day during the event period)
Due to the electrical equipment statutory inspection, CI Plaza, including ITOCHU AOYAMA ART SQUARE, is closed only on February 15.
|Hours:||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Venue:||ITOCHU AOYAMA ART SQUARE
CI Plaza B1, 2-3-1 Kita-aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0061
KOTARO ISOBE [Japanese Painter]
- Born in Tokyo.
- Completed graduate school at the Tokyo University of the Arts
- Made folding fan used by Yuki Nomura (oldest son of Mansai Nomura) for his first stage appearance.
- Exhibited at ART AWARD NEXT.
- Exhibited at the +PLUS THE ART FAIR 2011 (Tokyo Art Club / Shimbashi, Tokyo) and Círculos Traçados (Circular Strokes) (Galeria Deco / Sao Paulo, Brazil).
- Exhibited at DANDANS Exhibition "2.46 and thereafter" cosponsored by Transformer （Edison Place Gallery / Washington, D.C., USA）
Personal Exhibition (Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi Main Store / Nihonbashi, Tokyo)
Exhibited at Gallery Gunji booth of Tobi Art Fair (Tokyo Art Club / Shimbashi, Tokyo)
- Personal Exhibition (Art Space KIN GYO KOO KAN / Taipei, Taiwan).
Participated in "Art Insect World" exhibition (TAKASAKI TOWER MUSEUM OF ART / Takasaki, Gunma).
DANDANS Exhibition: "Dandans, a Collective of Japanese Emerging Artists"
(Browse & Darby / London, UK).
- AHAF (Asia Hotel Art Fair ) Hong Kong 2014 / Hong Kong
Art Tainan 2014 / Tainan, Taiwan
Young Art Taipei 2014 / Taipei, Taiwan
Art Taichung 2014 / Taichung, Taiwan
Personal Exhibition (Art Space KIN GYO KOO KAN / Taipei, Taiwan).
Has actively held personal exhibitions and taken part in group exhibitions at department stores and galleries across Japan since around the year 2000.